Firestone - Gaco 183M is a two component HFC-blown (zero ozone-depleting) liquid spray system that cures to a medium-density rigid cellular polyurethane insulation material. Gaco 183M-CAN contains polyols derived from naturally renewable oils, post-consumer recycled plastics, and pre-consumer recycled materials. This closed cell foam is designed to provide: excellent thermal performance; air impermeable insulation; and, an integral part of an air barrier assembly. The finished material meets or exceeds the requirements of CAN/ULC-705.1. The cured material is pewter in colour.
Firestone - Gaco 183M has been tested and meets the current requirements in the national building code of Canada (NBC) as per CAN/ULC S705.1 and is currently listed by the Canadian Construction Materials Centre (CCMC) under evaluation listing #13644-L.
- LTTR - TYPE 1 provides long-term thermal resistance of 1.8 m²•K/W at 50 mm.
- Firestone - Gaco 183M medium-density SPF has an LTTR R-Value of 5.6 per inch.
- Meets and exceeds CAN/ULC S705.1 (Including Amendments 1, 2 and 3) as referenced in the National Building Code of Canada.
- Use on substrates as cold as -11°C (12°F).
- Safe for electrical wiring, can be applied over typical electrical wiring without affecting wire coverings.
- Safe for plumbing, can be applied over PVC (polyvinyl chloride), ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), PEX (cross-linked polyethylene), copper and steel piping systems.