Boss Technologies has developed a safe, effective and affordable way to spray two guns off of one proportioner. Improve the productivity and profitability of your business with the GX2-830 Two Gun Equalizer System.
Yes, splitting HOSES is a risk. But Boss Spray Technologies has the solution. Boss designed and patented a fluid block with pressure balance cartridges which works with original factory-equipped pressure transducers. The position of the Boss pressure balance cartridges align directly with the factory equipped pressure transducers in the fluid block. When a downstream restriction is present, the increased pressure influences back to the fluid block and must pass in front of the equipped pressure transducers, triggering an off-ratio alarm and proportioner shut down.
Increase Your Productivity
The Boss Two Gun Equalizer System allows you to add a second spray gun and complete installs in half the time.
Pressure Balance Cartridges
Patented fluid block with pressure balance cartridges which works with factory-equipped pressure transducers.
Includes an independent hose heat box transformer and temperature controller that is used for the second hose.
Comes complete with everything you need for an easy install, just add a second hose and gun and get to work.
Features & Benefits
- Enjoy lower capital costs while adding a second gun to your rig
- No need to purchase a second proportioner
- No need to upgrade to a larger compressor
- No need to get a larger gen set
- No need for a second set of transfer pumps
- No need for a larger higher GVW trailer or box truck
- Boss Spray Tech designed and patented fluid block with pressure balance cartridges
- High pressure shut-off valves
- Wall mount control box with hose heat transformer and temperature controller
- Electrical wiring and connectors
Boss GX2-830 FAQs
What proportioners can the GX2-830 Two Gun Equalizer System be added to?
- Reactor 2 E-30, H-30, H-40, H-50
- Reactor E-30, H-25, H-40, H-50
- Gusmer H-20/35 GH-2, GH-4
If I install the GX2-830 Two Gun Equalizer System on my proportioner do I always need to have 2 spray guns working?
- You do not need to run both spray guns. The GX2-830 is equipped with high pressure shut off valves so you can isolate and shut off one hose and continue to spray with other. If you are going to use only one gun for extended periods you should alternate hoses, so the material does not sit in the hoses.
How are the primary temperatures and pressures controlled?
- Both guns will share the same primary temperature and pressure set points utilizing the standard controls that are on the proportioner.
How are the hose temperatures controlled?
- The temperature for the original hose (lets call it hose one) will be set on the proportioner, while the additional hose (lets call it hose two) will have the temperature controlled by the GX2-830 control box.
What type of temperature controller needs to be in the hoses?
- The hose that is controlled by the proportioner will use RTD (Resistance Temperature Detector), FTS (Thermocouple), or RCM (Resistance Control Mode) depending on what the proportioner is designed to use. E.g. a Reactor 2 machine can use either RTD or RCM while a Reactor 1 machine will use FTS. The hose that is controlled by the GX2-830 is designed to use FTS but can use RTD if the GX2-830 control box is outfitted with the touchscreen (contact us for details).
What is the maximum hose length that can be hooked up to the proportioner?
- The original hose (lets call it hose one) will be limited by the machine e.g. an E-30 will be 310 ft. max a H-40 will be 410 ft. max. The hose connected to the GX2-830 control box (lets call it hose two) can be up to 210 ft. There is an option to upgrade the control box to accommodate 310 ft. of hose (contact us for details).
Can the hoses be different lengths for each gun?
- The hoses do not need to be the same length. They each must be a minimum of 50 ft. The maximum hose length is determined by the proportioner and the GX2-830 control box. You could for example have 310 ft. to one gun and 160 ft. to the other gun.
Which hoses and hose controllers is the GX2-830 fluid manifold compatible with?
- You can utilize the GX2-830 fluid manifold with Graco hoses and Boss controller, Akurate hoses and controller or Purcraft hoses and controller.
What spray guns will work with the two-gun system?
- You can use any type of gun e.g. Fusion AP, Fusion PC, Fusion CS, Probler P2 etc. and the guns do not need to be the same. You can have one Fusion PC gun and one Probler P2 gun hooked up to the same proportioner.
Can the spray guns have different size mixing chambers in them or do they both need to have the same flow rate?
- The guns do not need to have the same size chamber in them. You could have a 01 chamber in one gun and a 02 chamber in the other. The only limitation is to ensure that the flow of the two chambers combined does not exceed the max flow rate of the proportioner.
What is the largest recommended mixing chamber that can be used in the guns?
- Reactor E-30, H-30 and Gusmer GH-2 you can run a maximum of a 02 chamber in each gun.
- Reactor H-40, H-50 and Gusmer GH-4 you can run a maximum of a 03 chamber in one gun and a 02 chamber in the other gun.
What is the minimum CFM needed from the compressor?
- Reactor E-30, H-30 and Gusmer GH-2 needs a minimum of 15 CFM @ 100 PSI to operate the transfer pumps and the spray guns. While the Reactor H-40, H-50 and Gusmer GH-4 should have a minimum of 20 CFM @ 100 PSI to operate the transfer pumps and the spray guns.
What are the electrical requirements?
- You will need to have a 20 Amp 240 V breaker available in your electrical panel to power the GX2-830 control box if using 210 ft. of hose for the second gun and 30 Amp 240 V breaker if using 310 ft. of hose for the second gun. The GX2-830 control box comes with 6 ft. of electrical cable to connect to the panel and 6 ft. of FTS cable to connect to proportioner.